Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Off to see the Wizard

We are grousing through a colder-than-usual spring here in the Midwest, with temps in the thirties and forties, but that hasn't kept people from shedding their parkas and hoods in favor of shorts and shirtsleeves.

Pat and I are planning a very-last-minute trip to Australia in June. I got a great fare last week --which I then promptly squandered by adding an extra day to the trip. It will be paid for with travel savings, belt-tightening, a small tax refund (although bigger than we've ever received), and our portion of the economic stimulus package (stimulating Air New Zealand).

I got the wild hair one day and bought the tickets the next. Then I remembered we hadn't gotten our passports renewed, like I'd intended back in December! We took care of that first thing the next morning. Now we're holding our breath until they arrive in the mail . . .

Stay tuned . . .

No comments: