FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – May 17, 2012
Contact: Monique Dubos
612-788-5000 (for media contact only)
May is Lyme Disease Awareness Month, proclaims Governor Dayton.
Minnesota Lyme Association advances awareness of Lyme disease through many initiatives.
For the General Public, MLA
· Hosts monthly meetings to support, educate and engage the public on issues related to Lyme and tick-borne diseases. All are welcome to these free sessions, held the second Tuesday of the month. Visit www.mnlyme.comfor details.
· Accepts invitations to educate groups about Lyme. Contact MLA at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options for a presentation.
· Provides educational materials with community organizations throughout the state. We offer brochures with detailed information about Lyme disease in Minnesota and much more. Visit www.mnlyme.com to download or request a mailing.
· Donates a 3-DVD series Lessons in Lyme, created by MLA medical advisor, Dr. Elizabeth Maloney, for screening on public access stations. Learn how your local cable station can partner with MLA to screen this essential Lyme series at www.mnlyme.com.
For Healthcare Professionals, MLA
· Offers scholarships for doctors to attend intensive training on the diagnosis and treatment of Lyme disease. Check out the details at www.mnlyme.com.
· Facilitates an understanding of Lyme disease by healthcare professionals. MLA promotes accredited continuing education courses for physicians developed by MLA medical advisor, Dr. Elizabeth Maloney. Her current 4.0 CME course discussing the science of Lyme disease through a series of clinical cases will be presented twice in June. For more information and to register, go to www.mnlyme.com. MLA also sponsors continuing education courses on Lyme disease developed by Dr. Maloney for nurses.