Monday, April 03, 2006

A simple plan

The spin machine is already wound up for the upcoming election, with heavy-handed ads from the GOP, attacking the dems for the censure/impeachment talk. In this one, you're asked to either stand with Bush while he breaks the law OR invite the terrorists to come after you and your family (If the link doesn't work, try pasting this address into your browser, that worked better for me: http://movies.crooksandliars.com/gop_censure_fear.mov).

William Rivers Pitt wrote a great editorial last week for his truthout.org website, called "Incompetent Design." In it, he so articulately agrees with my argument that Bush and the boys are not stumbling around blindly, but following a well-laid plan and enjoying great success with it.

Also an interesting read is this Nation article about Christian Coalition co-founder, Ralph Reed.

On the lighter side, this came to me in an email today. I did not check out New York Mag to see if that truly was the source . . .

The following are winners in a New York Magazine contest in which contestants were asked to take a well-known expression in a foreign language, change a single letter, and provide a definition for the new expression.

HARLEZ-VOUS FRANCAIS? - Can you drive a French motorcycle?

EX POST FUCTO - Lost in the mail

IDIOS AMIGOS - We're wild and crazy guys!

VENI, VIPI, VICI - I came; I'm a very important person; I conquered

J'Y SUIS, J'Y PESTES - I can stay for the weekend

COGITO EGGO SUM - I think; therefore I waffle

RIGOR MORRIS - The cat is dead

RESPONDEZ S'IL VOUS PLAID - Honk if you're Scots

QUE SERA SERF - Life is feudal

LE ROI EST MORT. JIVE LE ROI - The King is dead. No kidding.

POSH MORTEM - Death styles of the rich and famous

PRO BOZO PUBLICO - Support your local clown

MONAGE A TROIS - I am three years old

FELIX NAVIDAD - Our cat has a boat

HASTE CUISINE - Fast French food

VENI, VIDI, VICE - I came, I saw, I partied.

QUIP PRO QUO - A fast retort

ALOHA OY - Love; greetings; farewell; from such a pain you should never know

MAZEL TON - Lots of luck

APRES MOE LE DELUGE - Larry and Curly get wet

PORTE-KOCHERE - Sacramental wine

ICH LIEBE RICH - I'm really crazy about having dough

FUI GENERIS - What's mine is mine

VISA LA FRANCE - Don't leave chateau without it

VENI VIDI VISA - I came, I saw, I bought

CA VA SANS DIRT - And that's not gossip

MERCI RIEN - Thanks for nothin'

AMICUS PURIAE - Platonic friend

L'ETAT, C'EST MOO - I'm bossy around here

L'ETAT, C'EST MOE - All the world's a stooge

*********************************************************************************

And for more fun, check out Diablo's new stipper pole and other news from the wild child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I always say at the Bitching Post where I hark my car... Shake a lego!

Anonymous said...

WHAT KIND OF MOONBAT PLACE IS THIS??? OF COURSE I CAN HARLEZ-VOUS FRANCAIS!

And don't ever, ever forget, it was Clinton's FAULT.


******-------********--------******
ps...every site MUST have a pest, I mean troll:-)
******--------*******--------******

Mosassy said...

Alright! My own troll! Shouldn't you give me a little more info on you, since you know so much about my positions?